Pages

Monday 22 June 2015

The Rose That Grew From Concrete

Urgh...the title would've looked much better if there was a teeny rose icon at the end.

That aside....

I won't say I ever did fancy Tupac's musical works per say.
Well yeah, the dude was super talented and all, but I had ears mostly for Rock, Alternative music and the likes. Don't misquote me though. I was embraced in hip hop so bad my friend back in secondary school used to try and slap rap out of my tongue...just not really towards Shakur.
*sigh* Gone were the days when baggies and over-sized tees rolled up from the sleeves were pretty much my 'all-day-every-day'

I never quite researched on Tupac's 'expertise' in music untill recently and the saying 'Never judge a book by its cover' came to mind.

One can't deny that rap and poetry go hand in hand. A blend of lyrics with rhymes and in-depth translations. But then, some are still of the mindset that poetry is for the learned 'queens' class of humans and rap...well, rap is for the 'underdogs'...


Think again

1 comment:

  1. Yea....not a Tupac fan either....but he did have some good poetic-rap songs. I particularly like this one about the rose and the concrete *thumbs up*

    ReplyDelete