Pages

Tuesday 14 June 2016

The Foodie Diary- 25th April - 6th May, 2016

Seems like forever...I know.
Apologies. Been in a phase of some sort. Not writer's block. Just...a phase. No other way to put it really. But then...moving on...

You see the dates on the title? Cause I did eat 'big' EVERY single day from the very moment I landed in Dallas, Texas. By the first week I had visited about 8 fast food joints! My sister kept count. And I made sure I ALMOST knocked everything off my Foodie List. (Still don't get HOW I couldn't get Dunkin' Donuts crossed out. Boy, it still hurts...like deep.)



Yes. I meant business. (Plus I might have a hint of OCD...hence the list. No. I'm not crazy. Just weird.)

Of course! I had to make the most of my trip. Now that Trump might fit snugly into the Oval office of  the White House, who knows when next I will be able to go to obodo oyibo? (which in this case is Amrika-like my crazy friends like to call it).
These are trying times my dear friends. Make choices for the future of your well-being. This includes your belly.

Alrighty then. That being said, I won't say much more. Would just post the pictures. Let your imagination work its way through...

Note: I was too full to remember the names of all the meals. Hence, no food label tags.

Forgive me.






    



              A bold and dashing adventure is in your future' #MyVeryFirstFortuneCookie *grin*

命运的中国自助餐
Translation? 'Chinese buffet of destiny'. Who won't speak Chinese after this glorious experience? (I'm not so certain I got it right though. Blame Google *side eye*)
#Lin'sAsianBuffet








This was hands down the best burger I had. Plus I love the story behind Dan T. Cathy's beliefs. Made me want to order more chicken nuggets. Just saying... #Chick-Fil-A


 
My love for the International House of Pancakes knows no bounds. Once wasn't enough... #IHOP



My first drive-thru 'experience'...if I may call it that.
I can cross oceans for another cup of the yummy ice creamy sundae. Don't recall the name but the taste would forever be in my heart. *happy tear* #McDonald's


       

Had this for dinner, as a mid-night snack and for pre-breakfast. *burp*
#PizzaHut


Had no idea this fast food joint existed! Thanks to the cuz, I was introduced.
Longest hot dog yet #Sonic


      
THE best breakfast!! 'Nuff said. #Denny's




       
A chili dog from Burger King. No cliché here. #BurgerKing


       
The ham tasted a tad bit homemade. Jus the right texture in the right places... #Steak-One


       
Tex-Mex at the cinemas! The Mud Slide was absolutely everything. Urgh!
#JungleBook3D #StudioMovieGrill




Half and Half. The best of both worlds #SubWay



The dip was made in Sea Heaven. I'm sure of it #Joe'sCrabShack



One can never go wrong with waffles...and eggs...and grits...and a hot cup of choco.
The Southern feel was simply overwhelming.
#WaffleHouse


       
THIS was another fast food I had never heard of. And boy, am I glad I found out!
Plus it was a breakfast treat. I owe my friend for this one. xxx
#TheEgg&I


The Quesalupa? Not really. La Quesarito por otro lado? Si por favor!!
#TacoBell


Bowling rookie. Plus I had a rookie score to go with it. *sad face*
But with a glass of margarita in hand, I'm always good.
#PinStack


  
I had a real life Magnum for the first time and my head started spinning. I never felt more alive!
#SneakersIceCreamBar #BlueRibbonClassics #BreyersGelato #Magnum


A night in with the girls could never have been complete without edibles...of course.
#WalMart


Always 'tasted' the bitter feel of beers by just looking at them, even though I never had a bottle before.
But then, I was christened with no other than a #Budweiser
Not half as bad as I thought...


And with so much pain I bring thee to the end of my Foodie Vacay Experience tagged #TheFoodieMission
Oh trust me...I sure will do it again...and again...and again...

P.S: I did not add a single ounce to my body mass. Not prior to that. Not after. I give up. *straightface*




4 comments:

  1. I am ashamed to say that I have been to ogbodo oyibo THRICE and I have not experienced this food-ness!!!! *wails* And I call myself a foodie *hump* I shall retaliate!!! *determined look* Lol! Nice awaited foodie blog post. Na wa upon all the chopping you no add one bit...*smh* Don't worry, wife-hood & motherhood shall bring the added orobo-ness you are looking for *shines teeth*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe! like i said, im learning from the best :D

      Delete
  2. You should maybe open your food place, am sure you will be happy with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh by the way well done on not having salad. as for you not adding that is amazing, you probably are like the 9th wonder of the world.

      Delete