Pages

Monday 19 September 2016

OMGel!

FYI, I am going to be in touch with my feminine side just a wee bit today.

If anyone had told me 5 years before now that I will actually 'invest' in nail polish some day? Like really? NAIL POLISH? Come on mahn!
But then, here I was a couple of days ago ogling past a series of them and adding six (make that 'seven'- inclusive of the top coat) shades to my cart. But in my defense, this was not just any kind of polish. This was gel nail polish...sans the light!
I know I might be the last to know about it's existence but still, permit me to have a moment of giddiness.

If you think picking just the 'right' Miracle Gel by Sally Hansen is a cup of tea, think again. Cause they all seemed so RIGHT! *lovestruck*
Plus I can't help it that my fingernails and skin happen to blend well with just about any color.                   
                                 Just a liiiitle bit conceited about them. Just a lil'... #FingerFetish

The Beauty Geek who posted lots of swatches (Swatch. I had no idea what that word meant in relation to cosmetics either until five days ago. Apparently, a 'mani-pedi' dictionary exists) didn't help matters. Every shade made me 'oooh' and 'aaah'. Had to even call my 'colleague-turned-friend' over from her work desk to help me out of my dilemma. Yep. That serious.

And then, I FINALLY settled on these beauties:

                                       

                                       

                                       

                                       

                                       
Feels like donkey years since I had on black nail polish. This was definitely getting into my cart. 



My last choice (which took me like forever to make this particular decision) was a shade of green- S-teal The Show. It was a battle between that and Grey Matters.
Couldn't find a swatch of it though but it is pretty much the same shade as the first time I tried out gel nail polish and I loved it. That though needed the UV light thingy...and I paid quite the amount for my manicure that day.

     


I have still got my eyes on a whole lot more, but these two have captured my heart;


The Birthday Suit 
                                  

and Motley Hue.  
                                  

*sigh* So gorgeous.


1 comment: