Pages

Tuesday 11 July 2017

A Life Worth Celebrating

My reminder popped up on my phone on 07:07:2017.
It was Bernard Makinwa's birthday...or at least it would have been.

Of course, I threw him lots of  birthday bants on social media (Instagram to be precise. Used to be Facebook once upon a time) as has been my usual 'ritual' since he passed.



And I'm pretty sure he kept looking down on me, laughing and shaking his head like, 'Since when did she get so energetic?'
Lol. Yep. A lot has changed since 2009 mate. Life is too short, isn't it? You sorta kinda taught me that. Sadly in a way I would never have hoped for...

I tried my best to suppress my emotions that day and I did quite well. Here I was thinking I had jumped that hurdle, then his little brother, Thomas (who happened to be my sweet little school son back in secondary school) sends me this last night;


...then the tears started flowing. Ugh.



And he goes on to post this- 


                         

The caption easily took me down memory lane of who Bernard was in a nutshell. 
So gentle but so full of life. Every SINGLE time I remember Papoose, Benny comes to mind. Lol
Saw this in the office this morning. Had to sneak into the ladies' room and wipe away the tears that were already building up. I am such a cry baby *smh*


Life happens...0.0000001 milliseconds of the time. 
You, my friend had a life worth celebrating; 27 years ago and centuries more to come...





On a much lighter note:


The wait is partially over!!!
Whoop Whoop!!

As regards my middle name, don't ask...





4 comments:

  1. What's your middle name?...lol
    Gentle and full of life! True!
    Always wondered why I could cry so much also... got it from my mama...
    Rejoice always

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! not telling son..atleast not on here. lots of lurking eyes.
      Urgh...yes you did get it from me. Runs in the family

      'I will say it again...rejoice!' :)
      xxxxx

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully written.... Bernard, my lil hubby...

    ReplyDelete