Pages

Tuesday 2 July 2019

The #rePlay Series: ePisode 10

Helloooo thou loyal ones! Behold, it's thy lucky month!

So, something fantastic happened to me this week and it could ONLY have been God that did it (the Dude keeps amazing me more than I deserve to be) And because I am in such a giddy mood, y'all are in for not one, not two, but THREE posts this month!

Can I hear an 'Amen'? 
*my handful of dedicated readers chorus* 'AMEN!!!'

Now let's get down to it shall we? 

This jam has been my lullaby for some days now. And it kinda surprised me cause I am not an avid fan of the singer. Reason not only being that I wish I could understand his lyrics, cause he frequently sings in Yoruba, but just...because. *shrug* I have never really been able to put a finger to it to be honest.

Yep. For those who might have guessed right, I am referring to Adekunle Gold.

I had heard this track in passing on the radio a couple of times and the chorus always stuck with me.
But, about three nights ago, I was in bed and had some little extra mobile data (that's a luxury in this part of the world, in case you didn't know) and decided to stream the latest hits on iTunes and this was one of the tracks on the playlist.

And then I listened to the first line - "I know you need a holiday. Let's go away for six months, twice in a year..."

Like, HELLO??? Yes pleaseeeee!!! Can someone just swoop me off my feet and take me around the world forever?



If you haven't, you should give it a listen here, even though I am probably the last Nigerian that connected with the song, seeing as everybody in this country appears to be crazy about his music.
But, oh well...perhaps I have jumped on that bandwagon, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment