Pages

Friday 5 July 2019

Serenity, History and Adventure

Remember when I mentioned how I lost all the pictures I took during my Easter trip? Praise Jesus, I was able to recover most of them!

I doubt I will ever forget how MUCH my sister insisted that I embarked on this trip. It involved a 'minor' financial sacrifice, but that all paved the way for a much better outcome in the end.

To be honest, work swamped me so much this week, my mind is so blank right now. So I will just give you the pleasure of viewing the moments (and monuments) I captured.


First Stop: Togo #Serenity




If you ever want to take some time out and relax and unwind on a very tight budget, give Togo a try.


Next Stop: Benin Republic #History




La Serpentine Modella
(For those who have no idea how I look like...nope, that's not me.)

Fun fact: Majority of the people of Ouidah, Benin Republic practice dual religion (for lack of a better term).
The first ever cathedral in West Africa is directly opposite the Temple of Pythons making it easy for them to shuffle between temples to worship both God and the pythons.
Yep. Crazy stuff.

Benin Republic was a bitter sweet experience. We had a tour guide take us to key history places with monuments and tell us about the history of their slavery and how much it affected them.







The Point of No Return- where slaves where shipped away into slavery, never to return to their land again. *sigh*


Last Stop: Ghana #Adventure!
Akwaaba...finally! I was so looking forward to this country because it was going to give me an opportunity to strike something off my bucket list *big grin* We had so many other fun experiences, but this by far was THE best of them all (and the food of course!)

Yep, that's right!
 Zip Liniiiiing!!! Woo-Hoo!

Daily Buffet Breakfast at the SunLodge Hotel. Yuh-Mmy!

So there you have it, until money enters our pocket to embark on another adventure...



1 comment:

  1. I am SOOOOO glad you finally went for this trip. That 'financial sacrifice' was so worth it at the end 😉

    ReplyDelete