Pages

Wednesday 6 January 2016

Omo Naija

Lol.
I keep giggling anytime I think of the conversation I just had with a longtime friend of mine. 16 years of friendship to be precise.

We were BFFs and school sisters in secondary school. Both whiz kids always drawing wins together at the top of the class. That was till she left for the States in JSS 2 sometime in 2002 I believe. (Junior Secondary School 2 better known as JSS 2 is Grade 8)
Brainy. My classmates and I used to call her that. The whole school infact.

Then came December 2015 and she's been around for the holidays (Yaaaaay!) and of course we HAVE to meet up before she heads back.
In my terms, a hangout cannot 'not' involve food in some way. So I suggested pizzas, something 'Americana-ish'. But gurl was having none of that! Loool.

Haha! Once a Nigerian, Always a Nigerian

It was no coincidence that we had this chat say, five minutes after I had a conversation about the food at Terra Kulture with a friend and two minutes before a colleague of mine just got back from lunch of which he ordered from there as well. He even swore by the awesomeness of their fried plantains.

"Hmm...", I thought, "This must be a sign"

Well, I have never been, so this sorted my decision as to where we would have brunch over the weekend.

Going to see my padi  after donkey years! Who is to say I am not excited???
Well, food does make me giddy too...




1 comment:

  1. Food monger! I taught u well *sticks tongue at u* Hehehe! Suprisely I too have never eaten at Terra Kulture though I have been a there a couple of times (art exhibition, library, stage plays). Would try their food the next time I go there. Glad u and Enny finally caught up after sooooo long *smiles*

    ReplyDelete