Pages

Friday 13 January 2017

The #rePlay Series: ePisode 8

'If I could bottle this up, bottle, bottle this up, I would...' *shimmy dance*

There's just something about Andy Grammer's sound that makes the corners of my lips turn up in a smile. If I could use a word to describe it I'd say, 'Refreshing'.
Yes. That's the word.

I first discovered one of his singles, Honey, I'm Good through the Rick Dees Top 40 Radio Show (my one-stop-shop for international hits) and instantly took a liking to his genre of music.
Then this one came along, Fresh Eyes. Really lovely tune. Thing is, I heard it on the radio, downloaded it, listened to it a couple of very random times and totally forgot I had it on my playlist.
Then I saw his feature on CNN this morning and this song was the focus.
His interview was on how it was originally written for his wife and then in the video, came around to shed light on this somewhat 'hidden' social crisis - homelessness, which was the topic of discussion.

So if you read through the lyrics, it's all about falling in love with a 'stranger', being his wife and how she still mesmerizes him like when they first met.
But then the video shows Andy visiting with some homeless folks at a shelter and taking them to a salon and a clothing store room to get a makeover. This is done away from the mirror so they have no idea how they are being transformed. And then when it's complete, they are spun around in their chairs to see how lovely they look.
The expression on their faces seems like they are seeing themselves for the first time...with fresh eyes.
Simply heartwarming :) And yes, I had tears in my eyes. *looks away sheepishly*

Trust that I immediately searched my playlist to ensure it was still in there. And then I hit 'Repeat'...


Check out the video here.

And by the waaaay, it's my 2nd Blogiversary tomorrow! Hehe!
Who would have thought I will stick around this long...





1 comment:

  1. I cried watching the video....I really cried....sweet...

    ReplyDelete