Pages

Thursday 19 January 2017

Young Contemporaries '17

For those of you who didn't know, Art was my 'first' love. Yep, even before food. You just might find that hard to believe, I know...

I'm always somewhat eager to attend art exhibitions- first off, they are usually free plus they sometimes have free nibbles and drinks *grin*
Well to be honest, I only just started making a conscious effort to make myself available for such events about two years ago, all of which had featured works by friends or acquaintances of mine. Talented people surround me. Sure fact.

This weekend, I had the opportunity to attend yet another exhibition with yet another friend of mine's artworks on display. This was tagged 'Young Contemporaries 2017' and it held at the Rele Gallery.


Quite the compact showcase but nevertheless bustled with lots of life and of course, color.
Loved every little minute of it...





'DIMEJI
Digital Photography
These were my friend's @lexxcodi pieces. They had a story-like background around them basically about how man was called to be not just a subduer but also a preserver of the earth  (Genesis 1 vs 28)
He doesn't normally take pictures of models per say. He's more of a freelance photographer so this was something new from him in my perspective.
Did I mention the models are twins? 


 



MARCELLINA
Mixed Media- Ankara Material




EZEKIEL
Acrylic on Canvas
I think the second piece was titled 'Woman Scorned' or something of the sort. You kind of feel the emotions painted on her face.



REWA
Acrylic on Paper
Works coined out of her experiences in London, Johannesburg and Lagos.






SEJIRO
Mixed Media
Every single piece of his was lovely. But this one gave off that 'Blair Waldorf' feel which I really liked. 



Keeping my ears and eyes peeled for more art exhibitions this year. It sort of has a way of opening your mind to wider perspectives in relation to creativity...




No comments:

Post a Comment