Pages

Thursday 25 May 2017

Isoken

I must say, Nollywood has been pulling her weight for some time now. Pretty impressive.

Who would have thought once upon a time that I will yearn to spend my earnings on a Nigerian movie showing at the cinemas? I wouldn't have either. 
But then, here we are. One of the many other reasons why our start-up, Sodas and Popcorn will be even more worth it.

My sis tagged me a couple of weeks ago on a teaser posted on Instagram for the upcoming Nollywood movie called, Isoken (which I had been keeping my ears on the ground for prior to the tag) and says we should go see it together when it's released.


First off, my sister never watches Nigerian movies. I mean like never, ever. So this truly meant something. 

I hadn't really done much of a 'research' on the movie until that day. So I did eventually and I loved the simplicity and quality of the photo shoot for the posters.
But here is a little more info on the movie.

It was directed by Jadesola Osiberu, known for her notable works such as Gidi Up and The Juice both which air on the online television platform, Ndani TV.


The plot is pretty basic to be honest. It's a romcom about a young woman who seems to be having the time of her life, but then, her folks are worried she may die well, (you guessed right) single. As usual *rolls eyes*
But then there is more to it as it's also a 'story of self-discovery that explores cultural expectations, racial stereotypes and the bonds that unite families, in touching, dramatic and sometimes funny ways' as quoted from Pulse.

And then there's the cast - this was probably what really caught my attention. Well, not in its entirety. Funke Akindele to be precise, my 'ross' modeh *big grin*










Lol. One scene I'm looking out for:



Guess we will have to wait and see if it was worth the wait.






In other news (switching back to Hollywood), Jack Sparrow is baaaack! 
Y'all know how much I love me some Johnny!

1 comment: