Pages

Thursday 11 May 2017

Progress...I Guess

I'm pretty sure most of you (for those who bother to read this boring blog anyway. Y'all are the real MVPs!) are wondering how far I've gone with my Bucket List for the year.

I believe I owe you guys an update, don't I?
I won't necessarily count it as much cause I have been quite laid back with achieving most of my plans and it really feels like time is flying by (like it's May already. How did that even happen?)
Scratch that. Time IS flying by...

But all in all, forward movement is progress in someway, no matter how slow the pace.
Alrighty then...here it is.



So far, I have further ticked out:
-The Lindsey Retreat tagged 'The Revival Tour'. This held on the 4th and 5th of February.
- Kickstarting my duties with Sodas 'N' Popcorn which started off with our first major event under the Social Media Week (SMW) in Lagos for the year.
- Nigerian Institute of Management (NIM) Certification. I should get the validity of this pretty soon...

 The Lindsey Retreat was amazing. Coupled with the fact that I met with my long time girlfriend at the event who just got back from the UK, sat beside one of Lagos' talented celebrity fashion designers, Matopeda Abiola, CEO of Frock It Rock It (You can check out her work on her Instagram page here: @topefnr) and my major Nigerian celebrity man crush, Lynxxx (How can one male specie be tall, fit, handsome, talented and a sucker for Christ all at the same time! Uhn!) was one of the panel speakers. Plus I experienced Nathaniel Bassey perform live for the first time (One word. Powerful) and then the icing on the cake, I finally saw the Lindseys (Co-Ministers of The Gathering Oasis Church in Atlanta, USA) and I got to listen to Heather preach!!! Wish they came with the little ones too, Logan and Taylor, the REAL celebrities of the Lindsey household *side eye* Lol. 
They remind me so much of my nephew and niece...so adorable.

Took a picture with the couple and got my book, Fighting Together, (which they co-wrote) autographed by Cornelius too! *big grin*
P.S: I am not yet married of course. But I'm certain the message in his autograph speaks to my nearest future *wink*

(You can also follow both Cornelius @thisiscornelius and Heather @heatherllove on Instagram)



This was my first time at the Social Media Week event. And how awesome is it that my first attendance had my team have one of the slots for the week with a panel of influential personalities in Nigerian media?
It may seem like such a small deal to some but it gave us so much confidence in what we are aiming to achieve in the industry.


One thing I was so concerned about was the turnout. But I was swept away by how many people showed up. Not like there was a stampede, but I honestly felt only a handful of people would be interested. A long time friend of mine (I seem to have quite a lot of  those, I know) who has quite the busy schedule (and whom I least expected) and OF COURSE my sister (our number one cheerleader) also came through. The support was overwhelming.



My partner and I finally made us some business cards. Makes me feel so 'Sheryl Sanderg' 
Fun Fact: She was born in August too. Yaay! Twinning!! *hehe*



                                               
I just sat for my NIM Management Professional Exam (MPE) last week which was from Tuesday, 2nd May to Saturday, 6th May. I had a total of six courses. 
That one paper that was giving me the heebie jeebies was actually not so bad after all. 
(Financial Management...urgh!)
So while I studied, I decided that I will buy myself a bucket of Blue Bunny Chocolate Chip ice cream when I get certified. Call that motivation.


Results should be announced in about two months. Fingers crossed!

P.S: Learning how to play the guitar, travelling for fun and attending a dance class are in the pipeline...*rubs palms together*












1 comment:

  1. This Bucket List matter, God help us achieve them I. Jesus' name Amen 😇

    You are one of those that inspired my bucket list and so far some are already in the pipeline 😉
    http://peridotlady.blogspot.com.ng/2017/01/nnennayas-bucket-list_71.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete