Pages

Wednesday 31 May 2017

Once Bitten...

For those who really know me, you know I am one hell of a dog lover. I could literally see a random person walking one and I will approach him or her not for a conversation, but simply to pet the furry adorable thing. And I am not talking about just the teeny furry canines, even the huge ones as well.

I probably love them so much cause I have never had quite the ferocious encounter...until yesterday.


Yep. I got bit by one. The shock is yet to wear out.

Okay. So here I was on my way to work feeling happy-go-lucky after such a good long weekend, (Monday was the Democracy Day public holiday) all dressed up with my pearls and fresh haircut when I saw my neighbor taking his dog for a walk.

Like I said, my instinct is always to give a dog a pat on the head of which I more often that not get a positive reception - an excited bark, a wag of the tail or several licks.
Sadly, my instincts failed me this time.

As I asked my usual question to all dog-walkers/owners I meet, 'Is he/she friendly?', and gently stretched my hand towards it, my mind told me he was receptive...but then my eyes saw and my hand felt otherwise. Doubt I can ever forget the look on its face...
Weird fact is that after the incident I giggled and answered the question myself, 'Apparently not.'

Good enough there were no passengers around to snicker at the horror written on my face as I struggled to lose its grip on my hand. Who would've thought a puncture wound could hurt this bad...and bleed so much.
The first thing that went through my head as I washed the blood off was 'Rabies...oh God, No!'

Sure thing, I went straight to the doctor's to get a vaccine shot after work...and now my arm feels like metal. Never knew anti-tetanus injections have that side effect.

It's been from one pain to the other for the past two weeks- my left ear got blocked and developed some pretty annoying aches for no apparent reason (going for a flush tomorrow), I had to get two teeth filled a couple of days ago and now this.

So yeah, that's the story of my life as we see it.
I soooo need a vacation right now *sigh*



1 comment: