Pages

Tuesday 16 February 2016

Hashtag: Disney

When we were kids (and bored), my siblings and I used to list out ALL the Walt Disney movies we had seen. Sometimes just to make the list a little longer and feel good about our 'achievement' we added the Disney's Sing Along Songs series as well.
Of course, whoever had seen the most Disney productions was a force to contend with. (Well, that and whoever knew the most Marvel and DC characters. But that's a topic for another day.)

I always aspired to be an animator at the Walt Disney Studios. I won't say I have 'given up' on that dream though. It's just on a hiatus at the moment :)

It really thrills me when random people get all creative and think outside the box especially when it relates to something I love.
I was on Instagram a while back and saw a post that really got me smiling and thinking about the good ol' days when nothing else mattered but cartoons. *sigh*
It was a post of four Disney characters; Hercules (Hercules), Jasmine (Aladdin), Elsa (Frozen) and Ariel (The Little Mermaid) all depicting their possible Instagram pages;

                  

 

So today, I did my research and learnt that all the illustrations were created by Simona Bonafini. She calls them #Selfiefables.
You will see a lot more where those came from on her Tumblr account. Plus her other works are pretty impressive too.

Surprised there isn't one of Pocahontas though. I'm certain my sister would have loved that.


1 comment:

  1. WOW!!! I just searched for #POCHAONTAS but I no see *sad* Hope she does one of her soon *smiles* Nice one *thumps up*

    ReplyDelete