Pages

Monday 29 February 2016

Leap 'Leo' Season

And Leonardo Wilhelm DiCaprio won his first Oscar last night. Guess all is finally right with Hollywood...and the world.

Thing is, I just saw The Revenant yesterday (after weeks of procrastinating. Same thing I did with The Departed. Trust me, I smacked myself in the head afterwards for making the mistake of waiting way too long to see it) and I would say he did deserve it from my point of view. (In other news, I luurrrvv Tom Hardy but darn, did I loathe his character in this one.)
I am yet to watch the movies with the other nominated actors but I doubt my opinion would differ.

Well, there would always be two views to a controversy.
Some think he won it out of say, 'pity'. Some just believe its 'About time!' I obviously tilted towards the latter view untill I had a little conversation with the 'bigger bro' as to what the 'delay' was probably all about.
Come to think of it, Leonardo wasn't actually 'denied' his Oscar award for years on 'purpose' if I may use those words. He was simply head-to-head with some really kick-ass contenders. But to be nominated to me is a big deal still and Leonardo has sure strung along that line for quite sometime.

So here's to you Leo. (Yeah, we're on a first name basis. We cool like that...)




*Ding Ding!!* Newsflash!
My friend, partner and CEO of Sodas And Popcorn, Muyiwa aka M.Y was on Channels TV yesterday afternoon on a brief Oscar/AMVCA 2016 Predictions discussion on Rubbin' Minds.





S'n'P is kicking off this year with a nice start on here. May seem small but it's quite the big deal.
Next thing you know, we are getting free front row tickets to the Oscars. *biiiiig grin*

Chris Rock though! *wipes laughing tear*
If you haven't seen this, you most certainly should #Oscar2016OpeningMonologue





2 comments:

  1. Happy for Oga Leo...finally!
    As for 'SnP' being on Channels....proud of y'all.
    Abeg no forget me when they are giving una front row for Oscars,o! *BIG Grin*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks sis!
      forget you our number one supporter? hehe def not!

      Delete