Pages

Wednesday 23 December 2015

Jeremiah 17 verse 9

"The heart is hopelessly dark and deceitful, a puzzle that no one can figure"
- Jer. 17 vs. 9 (The Message)

I love The Message translation of the Bible. It dissects the verses into simple terms that anyone can grasp and understand.
I remember when I was about graduating and my friend-turned-sister and I went to the bookstore to buy ourselves convocation gifts. My bible was overdue for a change (had been using the same one since my first senior year in high school) so I searched the store for The Message version but was unlucky. Guess the last one was bought off before I got there.
Anyway, I opted for the New Century Version (NCV) instead. Good choice still.



Yesterday, I was surfing the net (as is my usual routine every morning. Hmm...wonder if that's a good or bad thing) and found myself on the MSN website. Some way or another I was linked to Brooke Shields' Wikipedia page and got some new information on her as to what brought her into the limelight of her acting career.
She played the role of a child prostitute way back in 1978 in the movie Pretty Baby. She was 13 at the time.

Honestly, I never really read up on child prostitution until then, and it gave me a sickening feeling afterwards. I always thought these children were a little less than teenagers and then I saw this:

                         

'as young as 4 or 5 years old...'

Sometimes, when I think of such evil being oppressed on these little ones with innocent souls I can't help but imagine if heaven forbid, my nephew and niece are mishandled in anyway and it enrages me. And to even think of my own children? Urgh.

I can't fathom how people in their supposedly 'right' minds can take a child in their arms and do insane things to them. Be it an infant, a pre-teen or even one that just hit puberty it doesn't matter. These are children still discovering who they really are.
As far as my opinion goes, such act is linked to a mental disorder. Infact,  it's beyond physical. It's definitely spiritual.

If how I feel can reflect through my words this page would be on fire right now. Somethings are tagged 'unforgivable'. But then, thank God we are not God. He knows how he handles this sort of absurdity. All we can do is work towards making what He wants manifest in any situation as such that we may find ourselves.
Yes, it can be tough. Even our own 'demons' can be the hardest thing to succumb. But then, we have to make the conscious effort..

People may wonder why human rights activists take their beliefs to a whole other level. Most of us don't know what their loved ones, children, spouses even they themselves have been through. And this is their only means to fight and live with the pain of their past. Some, even their present...

If you stand for nothing, you would most certainly fall for anything.
Stand for what is right. Stand for what is just.




1 comment:

  1. Demons they are! Can't imagine what these children go thru *sad* God is so merciful bcos if I be God I for don kill those evil people since! May God protect our loved ones and also have mercy and save these children under this evil act.

    ReplyDelete